Chief Executive Officer
- Born 1992
- 2013／Dropped out of the Waseda University School of Political Science and Economics
- 2013／Became Representative Director of COCON upon its founding
- 1985／Master’s Degree, Stanford University
- 1987／McKinsey & Company
- 1993／Partner at McKinsey & Company
- 1997／Representative Director and President, Watson Wyatt (now Willis Towers Watson) in Japan
- 2014／Vice Chairman, WWF Japan (current)
- 2015／Visiting Lecturer, Ritsumeikan University Business School (current)
Also serves as an outside director for Invast Securities, TSUBAKI NAKASHIMA, Livesense, etc.
- Chairman and CEO, linkties
- Publisher, Forbes JAPAN
- CEO and founder, D4V (Design for Ventures)
1987: Daiwa Securities, transferred to Daiwa Institute of Research. Specialized in research. 1991: Worked in the USA with Harry Markowitz, winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics, to develop portfolio management models. 1997: Joined Goldman Sachs Asset Management and served as Head of Marketing in the Investment Advising Department, as well as Operating Officer and Chief of Planning and Research before joining PIMCO Japan Ltd. in 2001. He served as President of PIMCO Japan for 13 years. In 2014, he moved from finance to publishing and joined Atomixmedia Inc. (currently linkties Co., Ltd.) to serve as Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of Forbes JAPAN. In 2019, he became Chairman and CEO of linkties as well as publisher of Forbes JAPAN. 2016: Founder and CEO of D4V (Design for Ventures, a venture capital formed in partnership with IDEO) (current) Also serves on the board of a number of organizations, including GHV Accelerator, Endeavor Japan, Japan Venture Capital Association, UWC ISAK Japan, Asia Pacific Initiative, and Human Rights Watch. Extensive output of papers and books on capital markets, including his contributions to the Nikkei newspaper. In 1992, he was awarded Securities Analysts Journal Prize. He holds master’s and undergraduate degrees in engineering from the Waseda University Graduate School of Science and Engineering.
“Shin”ichiro joined Yahoo Japan Corporation in April 2013. From July 2013, he joined YJ Capital. He had served as COO of YJ Capital since January 2015, and now serves as CEO since November 2016. Currently, Shin also serves as Partner and Direcror of EV Growth Fund which is co-GP fund among eastventures, Sinarmas and YJ Capital since 2018.
Prior to Yahoo Japan Corporation, Shin was General Director of Dream Incubator Vietnam from 2007 to 2012, managing US$50 million private equity funds in Vietnam. He was formerly a Project Manager at Dream Incubator Japan. He started his career at Future Architect as a system engineer.
As a co-author, Shin published “STARTUP, how successful entrepreneurs think and move” from NewsPicks.
Shin received his bachelor’s degree in Policy Management from Keio University.
- 2012／Joined The Japan Research Institute, Limited
- 2018／Joined INCJ, Ltd.
- 2020／outside director ExaWizards Inc.
- 2020／Joined JIC Venture Growth Investments Co., Ltd.
- 2006／Joined a mobile advertising firm
- 2007／Transferred when the educational advertising agency division was spun off into its own company
- 2015／Joined COCON
- 2016／Operating Officer, COCON
- 2017／Director, COCON
- 2019／Operating Officer, COCON (current)
- 1988／Bachelor of Laws, Keio University Faculty of Law
- 2001／Founder, Partner, and CFO of the AZX Professionals Group
- 2013／Corporate Auditor, COCON (current)
- 2013／Auditor, Fringe81 (current)
- 2015／Auditor, Kaonavi (current)
- 2016／Auditor, Chatwork (current)
- 2001／Bachelor’s Degree, Waseda University School of Law
- 2009／Kyushu University Graduate School of Law
- 2010／Certified as a lawyer (Fukuoka Bar Association)
- 2012／Studied abroad at the Fudan University Law School (People’s Republic of China)
- 2013／AllBright Law Offices
- 2014／Established the Nakamura International Law Office
- 2015／Corporate Auditor, COCON (current)